Just a quick note from us to wish you a safe and happy 4th of July!!!
Although we don’t promote alcohol as a part of your health building protocol, we also know that many holidays and gatherings involve alcohol.
For those of you who are planning on enjoying a few cocktails we thought we would send along a rockstar pair of detox tools to help your body process alcohol more efficiently.
Even if you aren’t planning on drinking alcohol, this can also be supportive for eating excess sugar or something that you are sensitive to (think getting glutened!). It is also great as a regular support for the Plateau (3rd) and Pause (4th) phase of the menstrual cycle.
(Pst! Not sure what we’re talking about with controlling inflammation and promoting detoxing based on your menstrual cycle? Grab our free Feminine Cycle Guide here to learn all about it.)
Here is the plan:
First apply a Cilantro Liver Compress. This will help to stimulate detoxification and pull out toxins.
Cilantro Liver Compress
Here’s how to do it:
- Brew a cilantro tea with either 1 tablespoon of fresh cilantro in 8 oz of hot water or 2 tablespoons of dried cilantro in 8 oz of hot water.
- Let steep for 15 minutes.
- Then let cool for 20-30 more…or until you can dip a finger into it without it being too hot.
- Gently dip a clean washcloth into the tea and then squeeze out the excess liquid.
- Apply to right upper abdomen (right below the ribs on the right side) for 5-10 minutes.
Note: Make sure to check your skin regularly to make sure it’s not being irritated by the cilantro! Decrease the amount of cilantro you use or leave the compress on for shorter periods of time if that’s the case.
Next drink Black Lemonade (from Predominantly Paleo). The Black Lemonade binds to the toxins that you have released with the compress and help to escort them out of the body!
- 1 scoop Takesumi Supreme binder
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 8 ounces water, sparkling or flat
- stevia to sweeten if desired
Mix, stir & sip.
For more ideas like this, check out our post on hangovers.
We hope you have a great holiday and enjoy some time off with friends and families!