When you focus on nutrient density and variety, it can be pretty easy to fall into a salad rut. (If you’re not focusing on this already, consider joining Nutrient Boot Camp to help out all the biochemical reactions in your body work more efficiently!)
Don’t get me wrong, there’s nothing wrong with salads when you’re trying to get more veggies in. But even when you’re constantly switching up what you make your salad with, it’s hard not to want something fun to go on top.
This dressing is simple to whip up in a couple minutes and definitely takes a regular salad up a fancy notch. And in the name of nutrient variety, it’s easy to switch it up so that you never get bored!
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 2 tablespoon macadamia oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon culinary lavender
- large pinch ground black pepper
- Place blueberries into a small mixing bowl. Mash with with a large spoon or mashed potato masher.
- Add in the olive oil and balsamic vinegar and mix well.
- Throw in the lavender and ground pepper last and stir until combined.
- Pour over your favorite salad. Afterwards, I like adding things like walnuts or pecans on top to ad some crunch and some healthy fats!
I find this mix goes really well over kale and arugula and other bitter greens; the sweetness of the blueberries offsets some of those flavors. You can also replace the macadamia oiol with things like avocado oil and olive oil for some variety…and you can swap out the blueberries for raspberries if you really want to switch up the flavors!
For more information like this, make sure to sign up for my email list! You’ll get free content, new recipes, and lots of love straight to your inbox!