Winter has not been nice to my already frizz-prone, fine hair! I came up with recipe because I’ve enjoyed my DIY herbal conditioner so much and wanted to find a way to use more of it in my hair. I first tried using the original recipe but it was a little too potent and weighed down my hair. Diluting it with uber-moisturing aloe vera juice ended up making it just right…silky soft hair with absolutely no weight or residue!
I use it both after I shower (on damp hair) and pretty much every day between washes (just spritz on dry hair).
- 1/3 cup DIY herbal conditioner
- 1/4 cup aloe vera juice
- 3 drops lavender essential oil (optional, just for scent…can substitute any other scent you like)
1. Pour the herbal conditioner and aloe vera juice in a mixing bowl with a spout (or just a regular one if you can pour better than I can!).
2. Mix well.
3. Add in the lavender essential oil, if using, and stir well.
4. Decant into a spray bottle. You can double or triple this recipe if you have a larger spray bottle and tons of hair to condition.
I keep mine in the fridge and shake before using.