I’ve been sharing my struggle with endometriosis quite a bit on here. And I’ve posted before on why I’m slowly making my way over to the autoimmune protocol to help myself out from an immune system standpoint.
But while things like diet changes, getting testing done, and following with the resultant protocols are incredibly powerful tools to help us heal our bodies over the long term, it can be an exercise in patience to wait for the improvements to happen.
As in, it can seem like an eternity and a day. Yeesh. If this is you, know that I can definitely relate.
In the meantime, I always like incorporating other remedies to help my body out and allow me to stay focused on the task at hand. While the big picture won’t change overnight, having handy ways to make yourself feel better can go a long way in helping your mental health and getting you moving in the right direction.
This immune system helping honey mixture is something I’ve recently been doing to provide a huge boost to my immune system. It has helped me feel better symptomatically and I know it’s providing a great deal of support to the important cellular functions that need to be worked on as I heal.
But this immune system helping honey is’t just for endometriosis, by any means. People with any autoimmune issues, gut dysfunction, or hormonal imbalances can benefit from the powerful antioxidants, nutrients, and anti-inflammatory compounds that make up this concoction.
Side note: if you’ve been working on your hormonal health but are continuing to struggle without results, don’t forget that Megan and I are opening up spots for our Healthy Hormones Group Program for September. It guarantees that your test results and customized protocol will ready by the time the program really gets going.
- 1 head of garlic
- 1 organic ginger root
- 2 organic turmeric roots
- 16 ounces raw, liquid honey
- optional: freshly peeled lemon rind
- Peel the entire head of garlic. I highly recommend using this approach to do it in just a few seconds…this has been a game changer for me!
- Wash and dry the ginger and turmeric roots. If you don’t have the chance or the budget to buy organic, you can peel some of the skin to minimize that toxin load…but I think washing thoroughly works just fine as well.
- In a food processor (or using a regular grate, if you don’t have a food processor), grate the garlic, ginger root, and turmeric root (and lemon rind, if using) into fine chunks.
- Grab an old glass jar (I like mason jars for everything!) and transfer your garlic, ginger, turmeric, lemon rind mixture into it. No need to pack it down, just scoop it in there.
- Pour your raw honey over the entire mixture. (Note: don’t try to pour the honey and then add in the other goodies…it makes a mess!)
- Screw the lid on and gently invert the jar to mix everything gently together.
- Place onto a sunny windowsill for 5 days.
- Store in the fridge until you use it up.
I like to take a teaspoon of the mixture right before bed. The sweetness of the honey gets absorbed by the ginger, turmeric, and garlic so it doesn’t taste nearly as strong as you would expect. That being said, I highly recommend getting in adult recreational activities done beforehand so that you don’t scare your significant other…or just have them take a teaspoon too so that no one notices. Whatever works for you!