Even though I love eating paleo/primal, there are times when you really just want something pastry-like, all cheesy and flaky. Luckily for me, M. Dig is a genius in the kitchen and created this recipe that lets you get your pastry fix while sneaking in all the benefits of yummy kale. It’s also a perfect recipe for paleo kids, reluctant spouses, and non-paleo guests (perhaps they won’t be non-paleo for long!).
- 1 stick butter, preferably grass-fed
- 1 cup of water
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup tapioca or arrowroot starch
- 1 cup of any grated cheese (optional but recommended)
- 2-3 eggs
- 1 cup of finely chopped kale
1. Preheat oven to 350 degress.
2. Bring water, butter, and salt to boil in a small pot.
3. Remove from the heat and stir in tapioca or arrowroot starch.
4. Stir in 1 egg at a time
5. Stir in cheese and kale.
5. Grease cupcake pan or baking sheet.
6. Fill each cupcake reservoir with 1 very full tablespoon of batter or arrange each dollop on the baking sheet at least 1 inch apart.
Bake for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown on top.