If I had my way, I’d be at a spa getting a massage and facial once a month. Truth be told, I don’t see that happening in my future…well, ever. So I make do with at-home spa treatments. In reality, it’s a pretty sweet deal. I enjoy doing stuff like this on my days off because I get to relax around my house and just spend some quiet time by myself. These steam facial have become sort of a ritual for me and, to be completely honest, my skin has never looked better. (Of course, I use these “treatments” in conjunction with a healthy diet, my Bee Clean face wash, and my Super Smooth skin serum so I can’t give all the credit to the steam facials!)
Like this post? Want to share the article? Pin it to your favorite Pinterest boards!
- 2 tablespoons chamomile flowers (can substitute 40 drops chamomile essential oil)
- 1/2 cup rose petals (can substitute 20 drops rose essential oil)
- 30 drops lavender essential oil
- 20 drops geranium essential oil
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 6-8 cups water, boiled
1. Place your chamomile flowers and rose petals, if using, into a large glass bowl.
2. Add in the water to the glass bowl and cover with a plate for about 3-5 minutes. If you’re using only essential oils, just pour the hot water into your large glass bowl.
3. Add in the lavender and geranium essential oils, as well as the coconut oil into the water and give a quick stir.
4. Place your bowl on a table so that you can comfortably sit with your face over the bowl.
5. Then you want to take a towel to drape over your head and the bowl so that the steam doesn’t escape without doing its job. You’ll look something like this:
6. Sit like that for about 10-15 minutes, towel off your face, and enjoy your glowing and soft skin!