I’ve previously shared on here my story of how I went paleo and essentially O.D.’d on eggs in the mornings. It’s been long enough now since that incident that I’m back to safely eating eggs in a reasonable quantity. But the experience did have an upside: I created some really filling, versatile, and delicious egg-free breakfast recipes along the way! (Another one of my favorites is this Paleo Pumpkin Breakfast Mash.)
I especially like this recipe because you get a lot of servings from not that much work upfront. One batch will make enough for all the breakfasts in a week and even a couple lunches here and there. (Of course, I vary all the other foods I eat with it so that I don’t get tired of it as much!) I love that I can reheat a protein leftover from the dinner before, warm up a bit of this Squash and Cranberry Mash, add some sauerkraut or grass fed yogurt, and I’m good to go all the way until lunchtime!
Bonus: I don’t have the set my alarm back any further to make myself a big breakfast in the mornings!
Like this post? Share it with your friends and family on Pinterest!
- 1 whole spaghetti squash, prepared like this
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1/3 cup pecan pieces
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes (my favorite kind is this Let’s Do Organics Coconut Flakes brand)
- 2/3 cup canned cranberries
- honey (if you buy a canned cranberry mix that is already sweetened, you likely won’t need the honey…but just taste it and see what you think)
1. Take your prepared spaghetti squash and scoop out the contents into a large mixing bowl.
2. Add in your almonds, pecans, and coconut flakes to the spaghetti squash and mix thoroughly.
3. Add in your canned cranberries and mix well to combine.
4. At this point, you’ll want to taste the mixture and see if it needs any sweetening up. If so, add in the honey a little bit at a time and tasting along to way so that you know when to stop.