Hot showers, wind, hair tools, and dry weather…these are just some of the dastardly things that thwart our plans for smooth, healthy, and nourished hair. In my quest for reviving my hair after years of abuse, I’ve embraced an all natural routine that focuses on protein replenishment and moisture infusion…this is just one part of the latter.
Like this post? Want to share the article? Pin it to your favorite Pinterest boards!
Vegetable glycerin is a humectant that draws water into the hair shaft and is therefore an amazing ingredient to combine with the water. Rose water, aloe vera juice, and argan oil all help to penetrate the hair shaft and smooth the cuticle for a polished, un-frizzy finished looked.
- 1.5 cups water, boiled and still warm
- 1/4 teaspoon vegetable glycerin
- 1 tablespoon rose water
- 1 tablespoon aloe vera juice
- 5 squirts of argan oil (or approximately 20 drops, if you have the kind with the dropper
1. Pour your warm water into a mixing bowl.
2. Add the vegetable glycerin and stir until it’s dissolved into the water.
3. Add in the rose water and aloe vera juice, stirring well.
4. Lastly, add in the argan oil and use a whisk to combine everything together.
5. Before using, shake very well so that you mix the oil and water components together.
I use this mister quite frequently. I always use it after have washed my hair but I also use it before I go to bed, focusing on the ends, so that I can do a bit of nourishing while I sleep. I also use it to refresh my curls and cut down on frizz the mornings in between washes. (I balance the moisture content in this spray with my protein packed strengthening shampoo!)