This recipe was a quick one I had posted on Instagram but it’s been such a popular one that I wanted to share it on the blog so that it was a bit easier to find.
The idea of blending butter and oil into coffee isn’t a new one, but Salted Caramel Lattes were always my favorite thing to get at coffee shops and it’s been amazing to get a similar flavor at home in a way that I consider to be much more healthful. Besides the taste, I love how filling a cup of this Salted Caramel Faux-Latte can be…it’s pretty amazing for busy mornings!
Like this post? Want to share the article? Pin it to your favorite Pinterest boards!
- 8 oz coffee or tea (see tea note below!)
- 1 tablespoon grass fed butter (see ghee note below)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/3-1 tablespoon honey (it just depends on how sweet you like your stuff!)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (I like using Redmond Real Salt since it has extra minerals…if you use regular salt, I would decrease the amount by a third)
2. Add the coffee and all the other ingredients to your blender (I like this one) and blend for 1 minute.
3. Pour into a cup and enjoy!
I like using black tea for this the best. I’ve used yerba mate and green tea as well but the flavors don’t blend together quite as nicely…but still good though!
I’ve tried substituting ghee for the butter and it turned out tasting very similar. However, I use a little bit more ghee when I use it to get the creamier texture.