Cooking is a lot of fun. But sometimes, you just need food on the table and you don’t want to spend a lot of time and energy on it. The thing is, since a paleo-type diet aims to limit processed foods, it’s sometimes hard to find recipes that are nearly as quick and easy as throwing a pizza in the oven. This recipe really just involves opening a couple cans and throwing in a couple of spices before heating up. Easy peasy!
Like this post? Want to share the article? Pin it to your favorite Pinterest boards!
- 1 15 oz can of pumpkin puree
- 2/3 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 tablespoon sea salt (I like Redmond’s Real Salt)
- 1 tablespoon butter (I like using grass fed butter)
- 1/3 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoon coconut palm sugar
- dash of cayenne pepper (a little goes a long way so it’s easier to start out with less and add according to your tastes)
1. In a medium-sized pot, combine all of the ingredients and mix thoroughly.
2. Warm the soup over medium-low heat for roughly 5 minutes (depending on your stove, you may need less time).
3. Serve warm! I like to serve it with a sprinkle of cinnamon and cayenne pepper on top.
I really like eating this soup with some Paleo Garlic Naan (also super easy to make…plus you can use the same can of coconut milk to make it).